I’ve been working like mad to try and get this one done and up to scratch. I set myself a deadline of Sunday for having a beta out to start getting feedback, while its not as complete as I’d like it would be great to get your opinions on it!
*Updated* link contains 18.104.22.168:
- Settings page failed to save – Fixed – Thanks @mrlacey
- Live tile update issue – Fixed – Meee
- Also thanks to Mark Osborn and Ed Harrison for their feedback.
- Everything! I’ve rebuild the app from scratch
- The old app was based off 2 year old code, written when I was back at University. It made me want to vomit so I’ve started again
- New Shared core between WP8 and Windows 8
- Much improved performance (hopefully)
- Wide and Medium live tile support
- Lock Screen support
- In Pictures support
- Improved layout (hopefully)
Its not finished yet, full post has details on known issues, link to XAP and screenshots.
Edit: Limited to those with dev accounts who can load XAPs.
I plan to get most of these features back in the app, I’d really appreciate your help in prioritising.
- Offline reading mode
- “Next story” button when reading story (first on my hit list)
- Share story
- Secondary live tiles for sections
- Icons, when static, are defaults
- No Welcome experience. User must use app bar to access settings & sections to setup live tiles, lockscreen and select feeds.
- Wide livetile contains full string date, this is just to help debug
- Suspend behaviour is untested.
- Lots I’ve forgotten
So if you’ve got some time have a play and let me know what you think! PS. keep in mind I started from scratch on the 21st, week and a bit ago, so things are going to have rough edges. The more you can spot and share with me the better!